These are perfect for spooky season y’all! They are sure to spice up any Halloween party or even a birthday party, and to top it off: They are so easy to make and even your pickiest eater will love them!
Prep time: 15 minutes Bake time: 30 minutes Total time: 45 minutes Servings: 20 brownies
Ingredients: 1 1/2 sticks of butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp instant coffee or espresso powder
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp vanilla
pinch of sea salt
1 cup AP flour
extra chocolate chips
Jell-o cheesecake mix
- Spray a 9 inch round cake pan with cooking spray, set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the butter and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and melt in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds, stir, and then warm for another 15 seconds or until the chocolate chips and butter are completely combined and melted well.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture to a large bowl.
- Add the cocoa powder, espresso powder, white sugar, and brown sugar to the chocolate mixture. Combine well.
- Add the eggs and egg yolk one by one, stirring well between each one.
- Add the vanilla, and salt to the batter and stir.
- Add in the flour slowly and combine well.
- Sprinkle extra chocolate chips into the batter, and combine. Add as many as you want.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until the center comes out clean.
- While the brownies are baking, Add 2 cups of cold milk and 1/2 tsp of vanilla to the Jell-o cheesecake mix.
- Whisk the mixture until it begins to thicken.
- Place the cheesecake mixture in the refrigerator and remove the brownies from the oven, let cool completely.
- Once the brownies are completely cool, cut them into shapes of your choice.
- Place cheesecake mixture into a pastry bag with a wide tip and use to spread it across the brownies evenly.
- Once all of the brownies have a cheesecake layer, place a small amount of strawberry sauce on a spoon and gently flick the spoon sideways over the brownies as many times as needed to make a nice “blood splatter” pattern.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Notes: You may use box mix brownies for these if you want, but be warned the brownies from that mix may be less firm and harder to cut into even shapes. Homemade no bake cheesecake mix will also work with this recipe. Homemade strawberry reduction or sauce will not affect the taste of the recipe, but may alter the thickness of your “blood splatter”.