This pulled chicken recipe is so easy, and it can be left in the crock pot to cook while you are gone! Top it with your favorite toppings and serve! It’s that easy! And so delicious, there won’t be any left!
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 6-7 hours Total time: 6-7 hours and 15 minutes Servings: 4-6 servings
Ingredients: 1 lbs of antibiotic free chicken tenderloins (or chicken breast)
1/4 cup of ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup cup of chicken broth
1 tbsp of garlic powder (or 2 fresh garlic cloves)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flake
Cole Slaw Topping Ingredients: 14 oz bag of cole slaw mix (or freshly chopped cabbage)
1 tbsp honey
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- Add ketchup, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flake, and brown sugar to the crock pot.
- Add chicken broth to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is cooked all the way through and reaches 165 degrees.
- After the chicken is done, turn off crock pot, let sit for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting, combine all of the cole slaw ingredients in a large bowl, mix well.
- Shred chicken, construct sandwich on bun of your choice, and enjoy!
Recipe Notes: Make sure your chicken is cooked thoroughly and reaches 165 degrees internally before serving. You may serve with toppings and sides of your choice, but my family’s favorite is topped with the cole slaw mixture, and served with cooked sweet carrots and homemade potato wedges.