This easy and delicious pecan apple cake will make your house smell like all of the wonderful flavors of fall while it is baking! This is a favorite for my family, it never lasts more than two days! Even my super picky seven year old tries to eat it for breakfast!
Prep time: 15 minutes Bake time: 60 minutes Total time: 75 minutes
Ingredients: 3 eggs
2 cups white sugar
1 cup coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups unbleached AP flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
4 apples, peeled and chopped (mix of Gala and Granny Smith works best)
1 cup chopped pecans
- Spray a 9 by 13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray, and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash, peel, and chop apples, set aside.
- Combine eggs, sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Pour apples into the wet mixture, stir until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine well.
- Fold the pecans into the batter mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish and spread evenly throughout.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until the center comes out clean.
- Serve topped with maple vanilla whipped cream, and enjoy!
Recipe Notes: The pecans can be replaced with walnuts, or you can leave the nuts out all together. Coconut oil can be replaced with oil of your choice. The cake tastes great by itself or served with maple vanilla whipped cream or even vanilla ice cream on top!