These “muffin top” cookies get their name because they are soft, fluffy, and moist, just like the top of a muffin! They are full of delicious pumpkin flavor, and taste and smell just like all of the delicious spices of fall!
Prep time: 5 minutes Bake time: 15-20 minutes Total time: 20-25 minutes Servings: 30 cookies
Ingredients: 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
1 tbsp vanilla
2 cups AP flour (I use unbleached)
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp milk
1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray cooking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, white and brown sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Add egg to sugar mixture and combine well.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Add milk to wet ingredients and combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine well.
- Add the chocolate chips and pecans and combine.
- Make 1- 1 1/2 inch dough balls and place them 2 inches apart on the prepared cooking sheets.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are light golden brown.
- Remove from oven, serve, and enjoy!
Recipe Notes: Fresh pumpkin puree works just as well in this recipe, do not overbake these cookies or they will be tough. Any kind of chocolate chips work for this recipe, including white chocolate chips. Store these in an airtight container for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to a month.