These deceptively healthy applesauce waffles are the perfect make ahead breakfast for your busy family because they freeze wonderfully! They are sweet, delicious, and pumpkin spicey!
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 7-8 minutes Total time: 10-15 minutes Servings: 6-8 waffles
Ingredients: 10 tbsp AP flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp white or coconut sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
6 tbsp water
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the vanilla, applesauce, and water to the bowl until just combined.
- Let the batter sit and spray a waffle maker of your choice with cooking spray and let it heat up.
- Use a 1/4 cup to spoon the waffle batter into the waffle maker and let each waffle cook for 7-8 minutes, or until the waffle is lightly browned.
- Remove the waffles from heat and serve with butter pecan or maple syrup.
Recipe Notes: If you are planning to freeze these waffles, let them cool completely and place them in an airtight ziploc bag or container and freeze for up to a month. Heat them up in a the oven or toaster when ready to eat. You may add in anything of your choice like: walnuts, pecans, chocolate chips, or fruit.