This apple crisp is the perfect addition to your evening meal or even a brunch! It is quick and easy to make in under an hour and SO delicious by itself or topped with ice cream!
Prep time: 10 minutes Bake time: 35 minutes Total time: 45 minutes
Ingredients: 5-6 apples (mix of granny smith and gala for best results)
1/4 cup AP flour
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
4 tbsp butter, cold and cubed
1/4 cup lemon juice
Topping ingredients: 1 cup rolled oats (quick or old fashioned)
1/4 cup AP flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
caramel sauce (optional)
- Prepare a 9 by 9 casserole dish with cooking oil or line with foil, set aside.
- Wash, peel, and cut apples into slices, then place in a large bowl.
- Pour lemon juice over prepared apple slices and mix.
- Add the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cold butter to the bowl with the apple slices and mix until well combined.
- Pour the apple mixture in the prepared dish and spread evenly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and chopped pecans, and mix.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla into topping mixture and combine until crumbly.
- Spread the topping mixture evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake for about 35 minutes on 350 degrees, or until the topping is golden brown and the apples are tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes and then drizzle with your favorite caramel sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Notes: You may replace all purpose flour with almond flour and white sugar with coconut sugar, and butter with coconut oil for a healthier option. It is delicious by itself, but also delicious topped with vanilla ice cream.