This delicious baked oatmeal is the perfect make ahead breakfast, or a scrumptious side for brunch. It is simple and easy to make, and even your pickiest eaters will love it!
Prep time: 10 minutes Bake time: 25 minutes Total time: 35 minutes Servings: 4-6
Ingredients: 2 cups old fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 by 9 casserole dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- Combine all ingredients, except for 1/2 cup of chopped pecans, and combine well.
- Pour batter into prepared casserole dish, top with remaining 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, plate, and top with maple syrup, coconut cream, or whipped cream, and enjoy!
Recipe Notes: You may use any kind of milk you like and it will not affect the recipe. You may change out the coconut sugar for white or brown sugar. You may also add in chocolate chips, raisins, or any other add in of your choice. If you want to make the night before it is needed, cover it with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator and then pull it out and bake it the next morning.