This super easy crock pot pudding cake will have your house smelling of fall the whole time it is slow cooking! It is very easy and fast to make, and so delicious to share with your loved ones! The best part about it: The crock pot does most of the work for you!
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 2-3 hours Servings: 10-15
Ingredients: 2 cups AP flour
2/3 cups plus 1/4 cup of white sugar, divided
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 butter, cold plus 2 tbsp butter, melted
1 cup milk
2 Gala apples, peeled and diced
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
- Combine the flour, 2/3 cup of white sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the 1/2 cup of cold, cubed butter to the flour mixture and combine with your clean hands, pressing the butter into the batter until it forms a crumbly texture.
- Stir the milk into the crumbs until just combined.
- Spray the bottom and sides of your crock pot with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the crock pot and spread evenly across the bottom.
- Place the diced apples over the top of the batter.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the orange juice, applesauce, brown sugar, 2 tbsp melted butter, 1/4 cup of white sugar, cinnamon, and ginger until well dissolved.
- Pour the orange juice mixture over the apples in the crock pot.
- Cover the crock pot with a clean dish towel, and place the lid on top.
- Turn the crock pot on high and cook for 2-3 hours, until the cake is baked.
- Uncover and serve warm.
Recipe Notes: This cake is delicious by itself, or topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. You may replace the white sugar with coconut sugar and the brown sugar with honey for a healthier version and it will not affect the taste of the cake. The towel over the top of the crock pot prevents the condensation that will form from dripping back down on the cake, causing it to be wet. Store cake in airtight containers in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave before serving.