This is the first of weekly fall flavors that will be dropping the next couple of months, this pumpkin pecan coffee cake is moist, soft, delicious, and exudes all of the flavors and scents of fall that your whole family will love! This is kid tested and kid approved by my 7 year old and 2 year old.
Prep time: 10 minutes Bake time: 35 minutes Total time: 45 minutes Servings: 8
Ingredients: 2 cups AP flour
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground instant espresso (optional)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Streusel Topping Ingredients: 1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp butter, melted
3 tsp AP flour
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, prepare a 9 by 9 baking dish with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients except for chopped pecans together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a bowl with a paddle attachment in an electric mixer.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well, then add 1/4 cup of chopped pecans.
- Transfer cake batter to prepared baking dish, set aside.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, 3 tsp flour, and 1/2 cup of chopped pecans to the butter and combine well.
- Spread the streusel mixture evenly over the cake batter and use a butter knife or toothpick to swirl the mixture across the top of the cake.
- Bake in oven for about 35 minutes or until the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the pan before removing.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Notes: This recipe is delicious on it’s own, but also great when served with whipped cream, coconut cream, or vanilla ice cream. Chocolate chips are another great add in for this cake, simply add them when you add the pecans.