This pasta is delicious and full of nutritious veggies! Topped with parmesan cheese and taking less than an hour to make this recipe will quickly become a go-to dinner favorite!
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Total time: 40 minutes
Ingredients: 1 large zucchini
1 1/2 cups broccoli
1 large carrot
3 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 16 oz box of penne pasta
salt and pepper
4 tbsp olive oil
6 tbsp butter
parmesan cheese, shredded
- Bring water to a boil in a large pasta pot, add penne pasta, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the noodles are al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop all vegetables and garlic cloves and add to a large sauce pan with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover vegetable mix and cook on high, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft.
- Once pasta is al dente, strain pasta and return to pot.
- Pour vegetable mixture into pasta pot with noodles and mix.
- Cut lemon in half, squeeze one half of the lemon juice into the pot.
- Add chicken broth and butter to the pot.
- Use the other half of the lemon to zest over the pot.
- Cover pot and cook on low for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, cover pasta with parmesan cheese to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Notes: You may use any pasta of your choosing and it will not affect recipe. If you do not want to use butter in this recipe, simply replace the 6 tbsp of butter with 6 tbsp of olive oil for a healthier option.