These brownies are soft, tender, and delicious. They are made with healthy ingredients (or not, I’ll include both) and are egg free! These taste so great, even your pickiest eater will never know they are healthy! Kid tested and kid approved by my own 7 year old and 2 year old.
Prep time: 10 minutes Bake time: 30 minutes Total time: 40 minutes
Ingredients: 2 cups AP flour (or whole wheat flour)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (or vegetable oil)
1 1/2 cups coconut sugar (or white sugar)
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups zucchini (1 large zucchini)
3 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line a 9 inch round cake pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray, set aside.
- Peel and shred zucchini, leaving out the seeds, into a bowl, set aside.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil, then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer and paddle attachment, mix the oil, sugar, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the zucchini and add the water, mix well.
- Add in any add ins you choose such as: walnuts, chocolate chips, etc. Mix well by hand.
- Transfer batter to prepared cake pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, let cool in pan for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Notes: You may use vegetable oil instead of coconut oil and it will not affect the recipe or texture of brownies, you may replace coconut sugar with white sugar, will result in sweeter brownies. You may add in any nuts or chocolate chips for extra flavor and crunch. Do not dry out zucchini before adding to recipe, or brownies will not bake properly and be too dry.
Special Serving Note: These are great served plain, but also great with powdered sugar, icing of your choice, or vanilla ice cream on top!