These sweet and delicious banana bread loaves are perfect for dessert, breakfast, or a gift for a loved one! They can also be altered to become a “skinny” version. I will include those substitutions in this recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes Bake time: 35 minutes Total time: 45 minutes Servings: 8 mini loaves
Ingredients: 3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tbsp vanilla
3 tbsp brown sugar (coconut sugar for skinny version)
2 tbsp white sugar (truvia sweetener for skinny version)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt (optional)
1 1/2 AP flour (whole wheat flour for skinny version)
2 tbsp butter, melted (coconut oil for skinny version)
Brown sugar caramel ingredients: 1/4 cup of butter, cubed
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray your mini loaf pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl using a fork or masher.
- Add all of the other ingredients to the bowl with the bananas, and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan, filling each loaf space about 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before adding caramel sauce.
- Add caramel sauce and enjoy!
Brown sugar caramel instructions:
- Using a small sauce pan, melt together butter, brown sugar and milk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar whisking continuously to avoid lumps until well combined and smooth.
- The sauce will start to firm up and become sticky right away, so drizzle it over your bread immediately.
Recipe Notes: You may add walnuts, pecans, or the favorite of my family: chocolate chips, to your banana bread. You may leave the caramel sauce off of your banana bread if you are baking the skinny version, it is delicious by itself or topped with cream cheese! Store these in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.