This soft, chewy, delicious cookie cake recipe is perfect for any occasion, and can be decorated very easily because it holds shape on its own!
Prep time: 10 minutes Bake time: 20 minutes Servings: 8-10 slices
Ingredients: 2 cups of AP flour (I use unbleached)
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt (optional)
1 1/2 sticks of butter (softened)
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of white sugar
1 tbsp of vanilla
chocolate chips (milk chocolate or semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and line a 9 inch round cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the sugar mixture and combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips to taste and combine with a rubber spatula.
- Spread dough into prepared pan, spread it out evenly to the edge.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden and the center top of the cookie looks wrinkly.
- Let cool completely in cake pan, then move to a cooling rack to decorate, slice, and serve.
Recipe Notes: Soften butter, but do not use completely melted butter, this will cause a thinner cookie. DO NOT OVERBAKE! If you overbake the cookie will not be soft and chewy once completely cooled. It will continue to bake all of the way through while cooling. Using parchment paper to line the pan is very important for this recipe, when lining the pan, use enough paper that it is taller than the edge of the pan, this makes you able to pull the cookie out without breaking it.