These easy and simple homemade, no-bake energy bars are a great way to get even your pickiest eater to enjoy a healthy snack! These are great for snacks, or on-the-go breakfast for your back to school kid!
Prep time: 5 minutes Chill time: 2 hours Total time: 2 hours and 5 minutes
Ingredients: 1 cup pecans, halved or chopped.
1 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats, uncooked.
1/2 cup honey.
1 cup of peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
2 tbsp olive oil (or coconut oil, melted)
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Place pecans, oats, and chocolate chips, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Put peanut butter, olive oil, and honey in a sauce pan and cook on low until everything is melted together, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Pour melted peanut butter mixture over oat mixture and stir until chocolate chips are melted and everything is combined.
- Put parchment paper into a 9×13 baking dish (I use a glass casserole dish).
- Spread mixture evenly into baking dish using a rubber spatula.
- Place in refrigerator to chill for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and cut evenly into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Notes: You may replace pecans with almonds or walnuts, make sure they are chopped well. You can add other add ins such as; pretzels. You may leave out chocolate chips if you do not want them to be chocolate energy bars and it will not affect the consistency.